Välkomna tillbaka och till 2019 och vi summerar här en artikel från Forbes och deras krönikör i ledarskapsfrågor Chris Pearse.
12 löften att avge för att förbättra ditt ledarskapet – läs dem alla här:
Vi har plockat ut 5 självklara (?) men kanske de mest utmanande löftena:
1. Do Less Be More– we are constantly bombarded with messages to be more productive, more efficient and do more with less. The reality is that a balance between activity and rest makes us more productive and more relaxed. If you can’t achieve that balance, you are the cause, nothing and no-one else.
3. Live The Culture You Want – aspiring to a positive, healthy organisational culture is a good thing. But expecting it to happen through instruction and initiative is asinine. If you want your company cultureto change, you have to change your behaviour first. Then, and only then, will others follow suit.
6. Live On Purpose – living ’on purpose’ means loving what you do and doing what you love. It’s not a luxury, it’s a birthright. But it’s also a choice, so if you’ve settled for less, now is the time to make some changes. The #1 Deathbed Regret is: I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
7. Focus On Sowing Not Reaping – too many of us fixate on outcomas and results which, ironically, are things we have very little control over. And we neglect things we can control – the causes. Commercially this means focus obsessively on delivering your value, and the rewards will look after themselves.
12. Meditate Daily – if you want to accelerate your evolution as a leader, you need to accelerate your development as a person. There is no more effective way of doing this than sitting for a few minutes everyday and observing your inner dynamics.