Senior Director of Clinical Operations
Medivir focuses on the development of transformative cancer drugs. To do this efficiently and with a high success rate, Medivir rely on scientific knowledge, balanced project portfolio, collaborative culture and extensive industry experience.
By focusing on a range of carefully selected projects with potential synergies, the company creates possibilities for shared learnings, faster development and higher success rate.
Medivir´s high scientific standards, together with an open and collaborative culture, help them attract and retain the best and brightest international minds. This also makes them an attractive partner for both scientific proposals and for established business associates. The track record of successful drug development is proof that approach works. It shows that they can deliver hope and a better future to cancer patient, faster and more efficiently. For Medivir it is rigorous science, but for the patient, it can be truly magic.
Building on scientific areas of experience and focus in oncology, Medivir conducts research and development in all clinical phases. The company´s internal capabilities encompass many areas of expertise including specialized chemistry and biology, drug development excellence, clinical trial design and execution, IP-strategy, regulatory strategy and business development. Medivir leverages collaborations with academic and industrial partners in order to bring specialty knowledge, experience and other capabilities to the projects in various phases.
Medivir focuses on clinical development projects and are expanding the expertices within Clinical Research and Development. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Main Board.
Goals and priorities
Medivir has four overall strategic priorities. They are based on our leading research and development expertise and proven business development capabilities.
- Consistently discovery and deliver well differentiated oncology drug candidates. Ensure a constant flow of well differentiated oncology projects and progress high potential candidate drugs into clinical development.
- Efficiently develop drugs through the clinical phases. Drive efficient and innovative cross-functional development of candidate drugs from Medivir´s in-house research or those from in-licensing or acquisition, to create products that radically improve the lives of patients and fulfill decisions-makers requirements.
- Be a respected collaborator and valuable partner. Develop and grow meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to facilitate the sharing of ides and resources, conducting research with a grander scope and mitigating financial risk.
- Be an attractive place to work. Nurture a creative, stimulating and professional culture that attracts skilled and innovative employees and encourages their retention and development.
Medivir has ongoing studies in disease areas such as Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, Basal cell carcinoma, Colorectal cancer and Hepatocellular carcinoma. Also, ongoing studies in the disease area Osteoarthritis.
Description of the role
The position will be responsible for managing the Clinical Operation function for the company. You will participate actively in study relevant meetings, presentations and in collaborations with stakeholders.
- The position will be responsible for managing the Clinical Operation function of the company including procedures, employment and management of clinical operation’s staff including consultants/CROs and integration of the clinical deliverables in the overall cross-functional development deliverables.
- Responsible for integrating strategy, design, feasibility and operational planning to develop clinical programmes for the Medivir portfolio.
- Responsible for clinical programme management of the Medivir portfolio including management of programme, study and functional budgets, risks, document review, support to junior programme and study managers as well as consultants, staff recruitment and to lead various teams, team meetings and sponsor/ CRO management.
- Responsible for critical study activities in accordance with GCP and guidelines for Medivir’s portfolio.
- The Senior Director reports to the Chief Medical Officer and will work closely with the CMO in all Clinical operations activities.
- Collaboration with the team of Clinical Operations, consisting of five people.
- Pharmaceuticals industry
- Clinical operations
- Contract research organizations (CRO)
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceuticals regulatory requirements
- Solid knowledge in the field of oncology is desirable
- Ability to have overall responsibility and work independently
- Ability to priorities and effectively managing multiple projects
- Team player with an outgoing personality
- Communication skills both orally and in writing; English and Swedish
Medical/Scientific Degree PhD, Pharmacist, Biologist or equivalent
For more information, contact Lena Kredell Isaxon 0707 97 77 78 or Susanna Boman 0739 86 63 53